Skip to main content

Best concert I've had

The music is something essential in my life. I'm always interested in learning about artists and bands of Chile, specially of my city, and show them to my friends and acquaintances. I usually go to gigs to see national bands in Santiago and also in Punta Arenas, were I'm belong. I've gone to this events in other cities too, like Valparaíso and Concepción.

Usually I don't go to big concerts, excepting when I have been invited like in Cumbre del rock chileno in 2009, Guns n' Roses in 2010, Festival El Abrazo in 2010, Paul McCartney in 2011 and Roger Waters in 2012.

 That is me about to be crush by a big flying pig
Even if everyone of those concerts were aweosome, this time I'm gonna write about The Wall Live, the show of Rogers Waters in Chile at 2012. That time my uncle helps me to pay the ticket, so I went to Estadio Nacional in Ñuñoa to meet with a friend and drink some beers before the show. We meet another people who were waiting for the concert too, and spend some time with they. When the time has come both of us went quickly to the field of the stadium to be closer of the stage. When everything was dark and we were waiting anxiously for the beginning, the show started with the song "In theflesh?" with fireworks and the shout of the public. In a few seconds, started the sound of an airplane behind us that came flying above the public to finally crash in a big wall located in front of us. That drove public crazy

The rest of the concert was awesome, I never tought it could sound and see that level of amazing. The sounds sorprised me, because it seems like came everywere. In one moment I didn't know if the sounds and noises came from the public at the stands or it was part of the music, that proves the enveloping sound of the show. At the end of the concert a big pig starts to float in the sky to finally fall above us, so we took a part of him like a souvenir to remember that day.


I took this video from youtube of the same tour in Argentina. This is one of my favorites songs of The Wall album, that was played in Santiago too.















Comments

  1. Nothing but to say that music it is also something essential in my life. Withouth music impossible to live. Comfortably numb one of my favorites!!! Good writing!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Themed Post: Movies

Seeing movies is one of my favorites hobbies. Most of the time I watch them in the internet, but sometimes I go to the cinema. The last movie I saw at the cinema was Wonder woman, because I love superheroes movies. I went to the Normandie cinema to see old movies or cult movies sometimes too. My favorites movies are Trainspotting, Big Fish, Donnie Darko, Fight Club and all of Quentin Tarantino, I also like crime films about mafias like Scarface or Goodfellas.  About Trainspotting I can tell that I know the whole quotes of the film, and this movie makes that Ewan McGregor becomes in one of my favorites actors with Johnny Depp, Leonardo DiCaprio, Brad Pitt and Gael Garcia Bernal.  This year it supposed to be a landmark to this movie, because it was released the sequel in january, twenty years after the first part. It supposed that the director waits to the actors to get old because the book, calls "Porno", was set twenty years later. I don't know what to expect f...

A country I would like to visit

One of my dreams in life is go to Cuba. This country is interesting for me but not only for the beach and drinks, even that it's important too, the really reason I would like to visit this place is for the culture and the life style of the people there. I feel curious on how it works the system implanted and the impact over people, their habits and traditions. Once I met a cuban at my university and he always talked about his country so proud. When I talked with him, he said to me that the people there are so happy, effusive and noisy. In another opportuniy he told me about populations faith and religious, about "santería" and the rituals that people do for many things. Other classmates recommended me visit Cuba too, but the parents of one of my best friends go to there the last year and they were present at the death and funeral of Fidel Castro, so they lived a big event for the country. The mom of my friend said to me in this occasion they notice how cuba...

Favorite Serie

The last anime I watched became one of my favorite series. The name of it is "Code Geass (Lelouch of the rebellion)" and it's set in a distopic future were Japan was invaded by one of the three world powers, call "Britannia". Since that happened the japanese people passed to be called "elevens", and their country "eleven zone", losing their rights and became in a second category citizens, most of them destined to poverty and working to the service of Britannia. The protagonist wants to destroy Britannia to create a better world for his sister. The interesting part is that this character, named "Lelouch", is in fact one of the princes of the world power, but he with his sister live with another identity for caution. One of the problems of Lelouch is the fact that his best friend,  an eleven,  join to the police trying to change the system from the  inside. The hate and the criticism to the goverment starts when...